On the 8th of March 2018, EPFL Alumni in partnership with the office of Equality organized, for the first time, an event for the occasion of International Women’s Day. The event brought together more than 200 participants at the Forum of the Rolex Learning Center.
Pierre Vandergheynst, EPFL’s Vice-President for Education, first presented the School’s initiatives in term of equality, and Nina Probst, partner at McKinsey & Company presented the conclusion of McKinsey’s research “Women Matter”. A round table discussion on the subject of «Women’s Careers– EPFL… What Next?» was then lead by Myret Zaki, editor-in-chief of Bilan. Six graduates, experienced in the world of education, research, and industry thus contemplated their career-paths:
- Marilyne Andersen PH’98 & PhD AR’04, EPFL, Dean of the School ENAC, Full Professor of Sustainable Construction Technologies
- Agnès Simon BSc GM’93, Medtronic, Senior Executive Business Leader in Healthcare Medical Devices
- Assia Garbinato PhD IN’00, Vaudoise Assurances, Head of Data Group
- Michèle Reigner MX’01, Rolex, Head of Patents & Technology Watch
- Lajla Aganovic SC’08, Private Asset Management Firm, Senior Investment Officer
- Déborah Heintze SV’12, Lunaphore, Cofounder & COO
The event was followed by a cocktail reception during which the audience was able to meet associations committed to the subject.