(Ce workshop sera donné en anglais)
Networking has become CRUCIAL these days. Did you know that about 70-80% of all jobs are found in the hidden market and are not filled through online advertisements? To tap into this market, networking and unsolicited approaches are essential.
Unfortunately, many job seekers get very little results from this.
In this 2-hour (+30 minutes offered) online workshop you will learn about :
- The P.I.E. method (Pleasure, Information, Employment), to improve your networking efficiency and to avoid embarrassing situations
- The keys to success in moving from collecting information to action
- The 20 most common networking mistakes and how to avoid them
- The groups of people and networking venues to target in priority
- How to effectively use the EPFL alumni network, a valuable support especially in times of crisis like the one we are going through today
- How to thank after an interview and maintain your network
This workshop is for you if you:
- Want to clarify the positions and/or sectors you want to target
- Find it difficult to choose between all the positions and/or sectors that inspire you
- Want to discover and master a simple method for defining (dream) targets in niches you may never have thought of and/or jobs you are totally unaware of
- Have very little affinity for networking but are nevertheless convinced of its usefulness and necessity
- Wish to master a simple and efficient method (P.I.E.) to network in 15 places other than social cocktail parties
This workshop will be led by Daniel Porot, an international expert in career management and job search, who will share his extensive experience with you.
We are looking forward to meeting you online !