(conference mainly in French)
EPFL Alumni and EPFL’s Equal Opportunities Office invite you to celebrate the International Women’s Day on Friday March 8th at the Forum Rolex Learning Center. The event is part of EPFL’s 50th Anniversary programme.
The event will look back on “50 years of EPFL women” and will offer testimonies from 5 genenations of women graduates.
The event is free of charge and is open to everyone.
17h30 Doors opening and associations booths
18h00 Welcome words – Leïla Ojjeh, EPFL Alumni Director
18h05 Welcome words – Martin Vetterli, EPFL President
18h10 Keynote by Barbara Haering, member of the ETH Board, President of econcept AG’s Board of Directors: “Gender equality in science and technology: how to get there”
18h35 Round-table discussion – 50 years of EPFL Alumnae
- Irina du Bois (CH’70, Alumni Award 2016), President of the Pierre du Bois Foundation
- Laure de Trentinian (MA’85, Alumni Award 2014), Head of Academy and Innovation, Marketing and Sales, Airbus Defence & Space
- Leila Schwery Bou-Diab (CH’99), VP Value Chain Management, Johnson & Johnson
- Claudia de Rham (PH’01, Alumni Award 2017), Professor of Theoretical Physics, Imperial College London
- Anne Mellano (GC’12), Co-Founder & Vice-President of Operations, Bestmile
Discussion lead by Myret Zaki, Chief Editor at Bilan.
Discover our guests bios here.
19h25 What to expect for the next 50 years?
A discussion with students and associations that make things happen on campus
19h40 Final words and presentation of student associations by Helene Füger, EPFL’s Equal Opportunities Office representative
19h45 Networking, booths and cocktail dinner
With the support of