EPFL Alumni invites you to join its start-up investment event organized in partnership with Business Angels Switzerland (BAS), one of the largest Business Angel clubs in Switzerland. The event will take place at L’Epicure (EPFL campus) on Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
The first part of the event is a conference presenting «IOT in the digital manufacturing» by Georges Kotrotsios VP Marketing & Business Development, CSEM.
The second par of the event is an investment dinner exploring investment opportunities in innovative companies.
Since the beginning of 2015, EPFL Alumni and BAS have joined forces to present EPFL’s fast growing start-up projects to local business angels. The collaboration aims at helping promising entrepreneurs to access capital while giving the opportunity to alumni to familiarize themselves with the Swiss business angels ecosystem. Over the past few years, EPFL start-ups raised a record amount of private capital (285 million Swiss francs in 2019).
You are welcome to join one or both parts of the event. Attendees will typically be BAS members, EPFL alumni and start-up entrepreneurs.
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
– 17:30 – 18:30: Conference «IOT in the digital manufacturing» with Georges Kotrotsios VP Marketing & Business Development, CSEM
– 18:30 – 19:00: Apero & networking
– 18:30 – 19:00: Welcome drink EPFL Alumni and networking
– 19:00 – 20:15: 3 start-ups presentations
– 20:15 – 21:45: Dinner
Location: L’Epicure Restaurant – EPFL Building CE MAP
The cost of the entire event (conference & dinner) is CHF 120 per person. Please note that:
1. We have a limited amount of 25 seats for EPFL Alumni, allocated on a first come / first served basis
2. BAS Members are asked to register on the BAS website
The following entrepreneurs will present :
– Hexisense – Ian Rousseau (EPFL Alumni PhD PH’18): Gas sensors that improve the yield and uptime of vacuum capital equipment for the production of electronics, coatings, and more.
– SmartHelio – Govinda Upadhyay
Sensors and AI to manage solar powered energy production. Enhance effectiveness up to 20%
– SHADEme – Yujie Wu (EPFL Alumni PhD AR’19)
Deliver smart shading controller and shading systems for a better work life in buildings